• I am a Law Enforcement Officer, can I use your service for legal investigations?
Yes you can, Cellzio provides a public service so no special powers are required.
• What will you do with my personal information?
Your personal information is interlinked with your account and is needed for us to see how many credits you have left. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties. We will not send you unsolicited email messages unless it contains information necessary for the proper operation of the service, or in case our services have changed.
• Why does it say 'MadPromotions' on the PayPal transaction website?
The billing company, MadPromotions is the parent company of Cellzio.com.
• I want to stop using your service, how can I unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to use our service, go to 'Account Settings', here you will find a button with the option to delete your account. Refund of unused credits is not possible.
• Is the online payment of my order with you safe?
For on-line payments we offer a connection through a secure and encrypted SSL Extended Validation. This means that it is not possible for third parties to intercept the data during the transaction. You can check if you have a secure connection by looking at the address bar. Next to the letters HTTPS you should see a padlock that is locked.
• Do your prices include taxes
All prices on our website include 21% VAT.
• Does your service require the installation of software on the mobile device?
No, Cellzio does not require the installation of any software on mobile devices.
• Will the owner of the phone notice that I am tracking him?
No, only the telecom provider can see that the cell phone is being tracked, nobody else.
• Can I locate a Belgian mobile number?
Yes, Cellzio locates any mobile number in the world. (as long as it is switched on and the network is covered)
• What does "call barred" mean?
This means the telecom Provider is actively blocking a cell phone being located.
• Can I see in which town my friends are located?
No, we will only display the country where the cell phone is located at this moment.
• Can we always locate a mobile phone?
Unfortunately it does not work when the phone is switched off or when the Network provider is not covered by Cellzio. You can find a recent list with network partners here. Also some operators have implemented Home Routing. This means that regardless of where the subscriber is currently located a HLR lookup will always return a MSC address of the subscriber operator and thereby it is not possible to determine current location.
• Can the information you provide not simply be obtained by looking at the first three digits (international country code) of the cell phone number you input?
No, that will only tell you the country of origin instead of the country where the cell phone is located at the moment.
• Can I locate a fixed phone?
Yes you can, but you have to find another application (for example the telephone directory or through reverse phone query).
• There are more services like yours, so called ' friendfinders', will they do the same thing?
Other services require an app to be installed on the mobile device first, with cellzio no install is needed.
• What does 'missing data' mean?
When you receive the error message "missing data" this can mean that:
-The cell phone is switched off;
-The cell phone is not within reach of a network;
-The cell phone is part of non-covered network (see 'network partners');
-The cell phone is part of leased range of numbers in a dedicated corporate network;
-The lookup failed due to a system error.
• How can I report an error?
When you receive an error message or abnormal result, first check if the cell phone is covered by our network partners and no home routing is in progress.
If this is not the case, send the error message with the telephone number ( including area code ) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technician can than investigate the cause.
• I lost my phone, can you find it for me?
Because our software will only display the country where your phone is located at this moment, it will probably not assist you in finding your lost or stolen cell phone.
You could use "find my iPhone" on iCloud to locate the exact position of your iPhone, or if you own an Android,
you could use an app called PlanB (works only with Android veersions 2.0 - 2.3 (Eclair, Froyo and Gingerbread).